Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thoughts on Homefront

My loyal minions,

Today I need to share my opinion of this new "Homefront" videotronic game that was released recently. I hope that you all realize that this game is a sad clone of the many other realistic shooters. The developers of this game added virtually nothing to this game to make it unique other than the fact you're shooting Koreans instead of Russians!

As a supervillain, I can appreciate having a very dark and sad plot in a game where the United States is taken over. However I don't need babies crying during firefight! It's just annoying!

"SHUT UP JUNIOR! DADDY IS TRYING TO SHOOT THINGS!!!"

Also, the voiceacting is terrible. When I play a realistic first person shooty thing I want to really believe that I am there shooting people! But the voice-acting in this game really kills the mood... It's obvious at times that they are simply reading their lines, and on top of that the loops of dialogue during firefights loop too soon!

"YOU SAID THAT ALREADY! I HEARD YOU THE FIRST BLOODY TIME!"
*gets shot by Korean soldier*

In the end I feel that this game was incredibly rushed to compete with the Modern Warfare Black Ops games and I, as the gamer, feel a bit ripped off for wasting my time. Surprisingly though, some of you actually like this game! The developers must have implanted some sort of subliminal/hypnosis/mind-control device into this game to make some people think it's actually good! Truly they are almost as evil as I am. ALMOST.

- Dr. McBeth

No comments:

Post a Comment